Get ready for a wonderful melding of two nutrition powerhouse veggies – Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower, dressed up with pomegranate seeds and almonds. This recipe comes from The Organic Dietician -Sara Korzeniewski. Along with the basic recipe we are including Sara’s lemon vinaigrette dressing to top it off. Here is another great, and tasty, reason to add more veggies to your diet!
As a main entrée, adding more fat and protein to make it a complete meal. Add organic meat, tempeh, bean, lentils, hemp seeds, avocado or extra nuts.
♦ Wrap in collard leaves, Swiss chard leaves, rice paper, or nori sheets and dip in extra lemon vinaigrette.
♦ As a side dish warm, room temperature, or cold.
♦ As an appetizer with pita bread
- 1/2 large cauliflower head, stems removed
- 12 Brussels sprouts, ends removed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- In a food processor add the cauliflower florets and pulse a few times until finely chopped (will look like rice)- you can just use a knife here if you don’t have a processor
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat melt the coconut oil.
- Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and cauliflower to the pan.
- Cook until warmed and slightly soft about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pomegranate seeds, almonds, and capers.
- Serve with lemon vinaigrette.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Zest and juice of one large lemon
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.